TechFed Nashville is a non-profit organization dedicated to supporting and growing the grassroots tech talent in Middle Tennessee, which includes not just software developers, but also designers, product managers, marketers, entrepreneurs and anyone else whose work involves building tech. These are the people who are powering our local tech economy, who turn out to events to learn, share and network, and who influence and lead their colleagues and peers.
We provide support to individuals and the educational events, user groups and meetups that they form. This includes creating the go-to resource for discovering opportunities and getting involved, but also extends to offering back-end support for organizers so that they can focus less on logistics and more on content programming.
What does this mean for organizers?
TechFed offers a suite of services to facilitate the business side of organizing so you can focus on the educational programming and networking side. Current offerings include:
- Risk Management: legal entity, liability insurance
- Accounting: tax ID, bookkeeping, invoicing, banking, tax filing
- Procurement: purchase orders, vendor discounts
- Legal: counsel, contract review, contract development
- Promotion: newsletter, social media, events calendar, website directory, media distribution
- Physical Resources: PO box, storage unit, meeting spaces
- Stewardship: continuity, mentoring, volunteer development
In addition, we also offer coordinated sponsorship sales to help you access funding for your event or group.
How does my group or event get involved?
We are currently on-boarding events and groups during. If your event or group would like to learn more about signing up, email firstname.lastname@example.org or DM @chuckbryant on NashDev Slack.